Monday, February 23, 2015

Honey Dijon Chicken Thighs


I hate cooking chicken.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind eating it.
I just hate touching it when it's raw.
or chopping it or really even looking at it.
This is really one of the main reasons 
I cook so much chicken in my slow cooker.
I dump it in there and don't have to touch it again 
until its ready to eat.

If you have been following along with me 
you know I was pregnant until recently
and now I need to be extra diligent
with my diet to try and get my waist back.
 
Mr. Jones and I are starting a new round of 
Beach Body 21 Day Fix and trying to get
back to a full on clean eating diet
(yes...we slipped up the past few weeks...)
So we have a menu and our meals planned
for the week. It includes lots of chicken
less carbs than my cravings would like
and lots of veggies.

Here is one of my new chicken recipes
for you to try:

Honey Dijon Chicken Thighs
(but you can totally do it with breast also, 
my grocery budget just preferred the thighs this month)

What you need:
1 pound chicken (thighs or breast)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Spicy brown mustard
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 Onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced 
Salt 
Black pepper
Thyme
Rosemary


In a small bowl mix together the oil
mustard and honey.
Add a generous sprinkle of Rosemary and Thyme.


Chop the onion and place 
the onion and garlic in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken and 
then place it on top of the onions
in your slow cooker.
Pour the sauce evenly over the top of the chicken.


Close it up,
Plug it in and
turn it on low 6-8 hours or until the 
temp of the thigh reaches 175 degrees.

Pull that yumminess out and serve 
We like ours over brown rice or 
alongside some quinoa or 
mashed cauliflower.


I hope your family digs this as much as mine does!

~eat well, be well
Patty



No comments:

Post a Comment